1. Characteristics of die casting processing
(1) Die casting processing can make metal parts with complex shape, clear contour and thin wall deep cavity. It is with high precision of die castingdimension, the surface roughness can reach to ra0.8-3.2 um, the interchangeability is good.
(2) Die casting processing is high utilization of materials. Because of the high precision of die casting parts, only a small amount of machining can be used for assembly, and some die casting parts can be used directly.
High production efficiency. Due to high speed filling, short filling time and metal rapid solidification, the circulation speed of casting operation is fast.
Easy to use inserts.
(1) Because of high speed filling and rapid cooling, the gas in the cavity is too late to be discharged, resulting in the presence of air holes and oxidation inclusions in the die-casting parts, thus reducing the quality of the diecasting parts. And no heat treatment can be carried out.
(2) Diecasting machines and diecasting models are expensive and unsuitable for small mass production.
(3) Die casting parts’dimensions of die casting are limited. The types of die casting alloys are limited. It is mainly used for zinc alloy die casting, aluminum alloy die casting, magnesium alloy die casting and copper alloy die casting.